Saturday 1 January 2011

...and it was all going so well!!

I made a cock up.

Not a particularly humongous one. The fish are still alive! But big enough to cock up the spawning.

In my infinite wisdom and excitement I forgot to lower the water level...
But I did get to see the bubblenest. I also saw Xiaoyu do her "come get me big boy" dance. I also saw the embrace! Several of them actually. It's beautiful to watch, and I got it on film!!
Then I saw Xiaoyu releasing her eggs, then I saw Jin completely ignoring them, then I saw Jin destroying the bubblenest, then I saw Xiaoyu hiding and showing her "fear lines", then I fished Jin out and dumped him in Xiaoyu's tank so he'd leave her alone...

Bollocks.

So I shall reattempt in a few days time. In the mean time, I shall clean out the breeding tank and LOWER THE BLOODY WATER LEVEL.

Have I got that part in my head yet?

LOWER THE BLOODY WATER LEVEL

LOWER THE BLOODY WATER LEVEL

LOWER THE BLOODY WATER LEVEL

LOWER THE BLOODY WATER LEVEL

Yep, I think we're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome